Elisha Scott

Elisha Scott, managing editor

(she/her)

Elisha Scott is a senior and a fourth year staff member for The Shield. This is her third year on the editorial staff and her second year as managing editor. Scott moved to Austin from Fort Worth, TX right before her freshman year in fall of 2018. Her favorite pieces to write are the new teacher exposés at the beginning of the year, and she enjoys photographing rallies, tennis, and spirited Mac events. Her favorite part of MacJ is working on her stories and spending time with the staff (especially getting ‘the skinny’ from co-editors Grace & Evelyn) at late knights. Scott loves art, science, her friends & family, pets, and traveling, as well. She loves the Texas Longhorns (Hook ‘em) where her sisters attended. She can’t wait to continue on the staff for her last year of high school and learn what it takes to be a journalist under the guidance of Mr. Winter and her fellow staff.

All content by Elisha Scott
Sophomores Jewel New and Lily Christie work on their numerous homework assignments after school. New points out that it’s unfair and counterproductive to assign an extraneous amount of homework following a seven-hour school day.

How much is too much?

Elisha Scott, people editor
November 7, 2019
TACO TIME: Cheerleaders decorate the Taco Shack Wednesday afternoon in preparation for the Taco Shack bowl. The whole Taco Shack experience is just a really jam-packed and the most exciting part of the season, said sophomore Wynter Wilson. It’s a great kick off to the season and great time for the team to bond. McCallum won the decorating contest.

Taco bout tradition

Elisha Scott, people editor
September 5, 2019
Junior Rey Bernacki places his phone into its designated slot in the shoe-holder at the front of Clifford Stanchoss classroom. Students gathered around the cellphone holder before the bell rang for fourth period to begin then slowly, one by one, they parted with their devices, but not before sending their last texts, checking social media one last time and plugging them in to charge before class began.

A push-button issue

Elisha Scott, staff reporter
March 29, 2019
Nikki Northcutt, along with surprise duet partner, pageant co-host Diana Adamson, do karaoke to “Dancing Queen” by ABBA. Photo by Elisha Scott.

[Photo] Schooling the stage

Laszlo King-Hovis, staff reporter
March 18, 2019

Making the (North)cutt

Elisha Scott, staff reporter
February 3, 2019
Freshman Annabel Winter and her friends from YMCA High Harbour, a camp in Georgia, pose for a picture during a de-stressing Friday at camp; the day’s activities included painting each others’ faces and throwing flour and shaving cream at each other.  Winter is a CIT this year.

Living in winter, thinking of summer

Elisha Scott, staff reporter
January 18, 2019
I’m here for the students, Stone said. I hope they’ll introduce themselves to me and keep re-introducing themselves so I can learn their names and who they are and have conversations with them. I’d like to learn about more students, each of them.

Stone embraces new role

Elisha Scott, Staff Reporter
November 2, 2018
School board candidate Zachary Price meets with community members at his Brewtorium campaign event. Im not running away from the fact that Im young, Price said. His opponent, Kristin Ashy, 44, has the endorsement of current District 4 Trustee Julie Cowan.

[Photo] 20-year-old runs for school board

Sophie Ryland, co-editor in chief
October 17, 2018
Load More Stories

Activate Search
Elisha Scott