West Side Story Week 1 Encore

After moving to America from Puerto Rico for a better life, Anita, played by freshman Helena Laing, celebrates the opportunities available in the land of the free in the song

After moving to America from Puerto Rico for a better life, Anita, played by freshman Helena Laing, celebrates the opportunities available in the land of the free in the song "America" during Tuesday's dress rehearsal. "The end pose in 'America' is so hard to hit," Laing said. "You just have to pray you'll make it." Photo by Dave Winter.

The first week of Mac Theatre’s West Side Story made box office history as three of the show sold out and created a buzz that has left the entire second week of the show sold out as well. Folding chairs in the center aisle have become fixtures of each show, and the volunteer tickets have been offered for sale to help meet the demand for tickets. “West Side Story is one of the most spectacular musicals ever written,” said sophomore Dexter Murphy, who plays Glad Hand in the show. “I had an amazing time.” The unprecedented reaction to a MacTheatre production made it really us for us to select the topic for this week’s #TuesdayTop10. The only failure was that we found it impossible to limit our gallery to 10 photos. You’re welcome.