Macjournalism sports photo porfolio places in Top Program competition

Photojournalists earn honorable mention; commercial photography takes second place in competitive ATPI contest

Image No. 10 of 10 -- Senior tackle Judah Copeland hugs his mom Tamara after the Knights defeated the LBJ Jaguars, 38-33, on Sept. 29 at Nelson Field. With the win, the Knights improve to 5-0 for the season, 1-0 in district play. A showdown with Austin High awaits next week. Photo by Joseph Cardenas.

Macjournalism found out this weekend that its sports photography portfolio had earned honorable mention honors in the highly competitive annual Association of Texas Photography Instructors Top Program competition. The competition elicits entries from the top photography programs in Texas. McCallum was one of four winners in the sports photography category. Texas High School (Texarkana) won first place, followed by Trinity High School (Euless) in second place and Westlake High School in third.

McCallum’s commercial photography students won second place in the architecture category behind only St. Mark’s High School in Dallas. St. Mark’s also won the overall competition. Fort Worth Trimble, Texas and Trinity high schools tied for second.

Since the sports portfolio is made up of 10 images, the winning sports portfolio makes a perfect #TuesdayTop10 of this week. Congrats to photographs Joseph Cardenas, Ian Clennon, Isaias Cruz, Charlie Holden, Madison Olsen and Bella Russo for having photos in the award-winning portfolio.

W
W
Image No. 1 of 10 -- The Knights raise their helmets in celebration after defeating the LBJ Jaguars, 38-33, on Sept. 29 at Nelson Field. The win makes Mac 5-0 for the season and 1-0 in district play. A showdown with Austin High awaits next week. Photo by Ian Clennan.
« 1 of 10 »