ILPC Print Photo Portfolio

Junior Sarah Hauck battles two defenders during the Knights’ bi-district plavoff win over East View. Hauck scored off of a free kick in the first half to give the Knights the lead. “We had the wind in the first half so I used that to my advantage,” Hauck said. “The ball went just over the keeper’s fingertips.” Even though Hauck scored a goal and converted a penalty in the shootout, she said her favorite moment of the game was senior Emmi Anderson’s goal in extra time that forced the game into a shootout. “Everyone kept on pushing 100%,” Hauck said. “I think we really deserved that goal.” Photo by Julia Copas.
    VISION TO FRUITION: Senior Anderson Zoll hugs freshman Maggie Brown after the closing night of Cows: The Moosical last Wednesday. Despite the two narrators seen on stage throughout the performance, the real storyteller of Cows was senior Anderson Zoll, who transformed Cows from an idea to a full-scale production. “I helped produce a musical last year, and that had such a big impact on me that I knew I wanted to continue to write, direct, and choreograph,” Zoll said. “The main inspiration for Cows specifically was the name Cows: The Moosical. I liked the title and created a show that would fit it.” Despite the lightheartedness and goofy feel of Cows, the show was made possible only through hard work and effort not only Zoll but also the many students who helped him bring his vision to fruition. “Some of my favorite moments were the late nights I spent in practice rooms with my friends building harmonies, accompaniment and lyrics.” Zoll said. “I had so much fun during the writing process of this show, and I am really happy with how it turned out.” The process of putting together a full musical; writing, choreography, set, costumes, music, lighting—it’s hard to do all at once. With cast and crew members busy schedules, there wasn’t a single day where everyone was available until the days of the show. “It was super rewarding to see it all come together so quickly,” Zoll said. “I was extremely happy to see that the writing worked and that the story was reading well to the audience. The only time we had everyone there at the same time was the days of the show, so it was definitely very stressful. But the Cows community worked so well together, and I am extremely proud of the end product.” Caption and photo by Julia Copas.
    Junior Luke Dunham runs the ball at the varsity football playoff game versus Rouse on Nov. 10. The team’ season ended after a 55-27 loss. Photo by Julia Copas.
    AN EVEN MATCH: Senior Caroline passes the ball down the field during the game against LASA last Wednesday. Earlier in the game, Owen scored McCallum’s sole goal by heading in a corner kick taken by senior Kat Klein. The game concluded with a 1-1 tie.
    Owen knew that her competition would be fierce before the game even started.
    “LASA is at a higher level than most of the teams we play,” Owen said. “This game was harder mentally because we’re not used to playing such close games.”
    Even though her team didn’t necessarily win, Owen is glad to not have had to walk home with a loss. 
    “I’m glad we got the first round against them out of the way without a loss because next time we’ll know what to expect,” she said. 
    Caption by JoJo Barnard. (Julia Copas)
    Junior Mitchell Butler breaks through the line of scrimmage for a 56-yard gain during the Knights’ 37-22 district win over Crockett on Sept. 14. Butler suffered a season-ending knee injury in the Knights’ next game, a 32-14 loss to LBJ two weeks later. (Julia Copas)