Senior spirit

Class of 2016 does back-to-school with a bang

The night before school started, senior girls gathered in the senior lot with paint and decorations in hand.

“It’s always been a tradition for the senior girls to decorate their cars the night before,” senior Lily Stuesser said. “It is a really great bonding experience for all of us to get close right before the year starts.”

Senior Marley Chilton poses on her decorated car for the first day of school. Photo provided by Chilton.

A few of the girls brought window paint and shared it, so they could all decorate their cars together.

“A lot of girls [painted] crowns, or hearts for the driver’s side,” senior Marley Chilton said. “Most girls wrote sexy senior or sassy senior.”

The seniors showed their class spirit through declarations like ‘queens of 2016,’ ‘go b16 or go home’ and ‘we’re kind of a b16 deal.’

At the meeting, the girls shared shirts that had been designed and ordered for the first day of school.  They were designed as jerseys with lighter material to be worn while they cheer on the team during football games.

Despite a few technical difficulties, the seniors were satisfied with their decorations and excited for their final year of high school to begin.

“We put all cups in the fence to write 2016 and they kept falling out, which was kind of hard,” Chilton said, “I was excited [for the first day] because I knew I had an easy schedule the first day anyway, but I mean of course I wanted summer to be longer,” Chilton said.