Genesis+Ritcherson

Genesis Ritcherson

Gergő Major

Senior Genesis Ritcherson spent her first two years of high school at Anderson, and when she transferred to McCallum last year, she was determined to make her mark. She instantly joined the color guard and cheerleading team, spreading school spirit on the football sidelines and during halftime. 

“I love being part of a team,” Ritcherson said. “Since middle school, I’ve been apart of cheer and freshmen year, when I was at Anderson, colorguard was a way for me to meet new people and learn new skills.

As a member of the football entourage, Ritcherson will miss the electric game day feeling. 

“I’ll definitely miss the atmosphere of game day and getting hyped during school and seeing the student section get hype,” she said. 

Ritcherson also enjoyed the theatrics involved in color guard performances. 

“Marching band was always so fun,” Ritcherson said. “Putting on a show that has so much going on music and effect-wise, it was always so fun.” 

Ritcherson also participated in music in a more classical sense as a violinist in the Mac orchestra. 

“I’ve been playing violin for about nine years so the violin has always been really close to my heart,” Ritcherson said. “Even during the most challenging times in school, orchestra was always a fun escape to take my mind off the stress.” 

While Ritcherson’s involvement as a senior member of so many school organizations made her a role model for many, her involvement in the Students of Color Alliance cemented her as a pillar of the McCallum. 

“My good friend Reagan Sims is actually the president and she told me about it when we were talking about the MLK preparation,” Ritcherson said. “She let me know that it was an inclusive environment where POC at McCallum can go to collaborate and bond.” 

Next year, Ritcherson will attend ACC. As she leaves high school behind, Ritcherson will miss the unique opportunities McCallum offered to her and her peers. 

“One of my favorite things about McCallum is that if you have a talent or a sport that you’re passionate about, you’re bound to find a supportive community here.”

Cheer (11th, 12th), Social Officer (12th)

Orchestra (11th, 12th), Most Improved Award

Colorguard (12th)

Students of Color Alliance (12th)

AVID (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th)

The Shield Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in