Risa Darlington-Horta

Congrats to junior @macfinearts commercial photography student Risa Darlington-Horta, her models Weatherly Giblin and Kate Reuter and her photography teacher Andrew Cooke. On Monday, it was announced that Darlington-Horta won honorable mention among advanced photographers in the fashion category of the Association of Texas Photography Instructors Fall Photo Contest.

Space girl (July 2020) by Risa Darlington-Horta

Fifth-period digital media student Isley Cameron chose this image by Mac Fine Arts commercial photography student Risa Darlington-Horta. The portrait of models Weatherly Giblin and Kate Reuter earned honorable mention among advanced photographers in the fashion category of the 2020 Association of Texas Photography Instructors Fall Photo Contest.

“I like this photograph a lot because I think the bug’s eye view angle with the plain blue background shows a ton of contrast,” Cameron said. “I also think the pink silk dress matched with the glossy makeup adds nice texture and really catches the the eye. The height difference and pose make the picture look very professional while still being able to tell these are high school students.”

The Shield Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in