A Sweet Taste of Summer

Blues on the Green last summer drew a large crowd of people enjoying the sunset and live music with their friends. Photo by Zoë Hocker.

Abby Robison and Ella Irwin, Knight staff

Ocean’s 8

Based on Steven Soderbergh’s original movie The Ocean’s Trilogy, Ocean’s 8 is an all female spinoff. The movie has been hyped up because of the strong, star-filled cast and the dedicated fan base that has followed The Ocean’s Trilogy. The women of the film have turned the tables and taken roles historically dominated by men. In the movie, Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock) assembles a team of women including pop singer Rihanna and comedian Mindy Kaling to help pull off a heist. They travel to the Met-Gala in hopes of stealing a necklace worth $150 million. This movie came out June 8 and is expected to do well at the movie box office.

Incredibles 2

The sequel to everyone’s childhood favorite movie, The Incredibles, was released on June 15. The movie originally premiered in 2004, and fans have waited 14 years for Pixar to come out with a continuation of the story. The movie focuses on the mother, Elastic Girl, starting her new job, leaving the rest of the family to fend for themselves. Through the trailer you can see the youngest child, Jack Jack, learning how to manage his new powers. The movie attracted both young and older audiences to experience this iconic story for a second time. The trailer broke the record for most views in an hour for an animated trailer.

Blues on the Green

If you are getting excited about ACL or want a fun way to spend your summer you can start by participating in a long lasting Austin tradition. Blues on the Green is a summer festival that is free to the public and open to all ages.The first Blues on the Green date was May 23 and was headlined by The Black Angels and Night Glitter. Blues on the Green is the largest free concert festival in Austin history. If you missed the second date (June 13), you still have two other dates you can attend: July 18, and  Aug. 8.

Taco Ranch

Most people would associate P. Terry’s with burgers and shakes but this year P.Terry’s  opened its very own taco drive-through, Taco Ranch. Taco Ranch is located in southeast Austin at 5033 West US Highway 290 Service Road. The menu includes burritos, quesadillas, and different desserts. The food is fairly cheap with tacos around $3 and lots of the ingredients are locally made. Taco Ranch also has a dine-in option and patio seating. If you are looking for a quick and easy way to get tacos, Taco Ranch is a great new Austin hub.